In view of the increasing number of illegal banners DUN Kampung Tunku has being increased in a deteriorating rate which subsequently becomes a nuisance to the environment, the office of Kampung Tunku ADUN will launch a experimental campaign to eliminate the illegal banners in town.
The objectives of the experimental campaign is to assist the MBPJ to eradicate illegal banners in Kampung Tunku on a short term basis via the concept of ‘empowering the people’.
1. The duration of this experimental campaign will be two months, with effective from the 1st December, 2008 till 31st January, 2009.
2. It is opened only to the residents of Kampung Tunku. Note that the identification card address of any interested resident must be within the constituency of Kampung Tunku.
3. Interested residents are advised to remove illegal banners from areas under the jurisdiction of MBPJ, by cutting or pulling them and, to come to the office of Kampung Tunku ADUN during office hours with the banners in order to exchange for bonus. Bonus is offered as follows:
a. RM1.00 for every banner (Area no more than 2 feet x 2 feet, equivalent to the area of illegal money lender banners);
b. RM2.00 for every banner (Area does not exceed 2 feet x 5 feet, equivalent to the area of long banner hung on street lamp post);
c. RM5.00 for every banner (Area exceeds 3 feet x 6 feet , equivalent to the area of the long banner hung underneath advertisement board).
4. Any banner with the stamp of MBPJ will not be accepted by the operation office.
5. The said movement covers only commercial banners. Any banner bearing non-profit nature or relating to governmental bodies will not be accepted.
6. The operation office will not entertain any person whose identification card address is not within the constituency of Kampung Tunku.