Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Guang Ming strikes back!

Guang Ming Daily News Evening Edition strikes the street again!

After being suspended two weeks, Guang Ming Daily Evening Edition comes back with their new re-launch ceremonies in several places on 1st March night.

I was in PJ SS2 Selera Makan foodcourt on that day and I managed to buy a copy of the paper. In the photo is Ho Shin Yee (Guang Ming Journalist) handing a copy of the paper to me.

Guang Ming Daily evening edition had been suspended for two weeks from 15th February to 1st March for publishing a photo depicting caricatures on Prophet Mohammad which Muslims considered blasphemous.

It was a joyous moment for Guang Ming to come back with their evening edition. When I was interviewed by Shin Yee, I express concern and worry that whether recent actions from the government will tighten self-sensorship among among editors.

I also hoped that Guang Ming shall continue to stay on the course to expose injustices and corruptions in this country.

No comments: