"The Government must hence take the painful but very important step of trimming the civil service sector into a leaner and more efficient "machine".
The increase in pay will be a waste of public funds, if the move is not accompanied by a corresponding increase in civil service productivity."-- Tony Pua
"Pergerakan Pemuda UMNO mendesak Pua dan DAP mengambil langkah memperbetulkan kata-kata mereka yang langsung tidak bertimbang rasa dan begitu menghina sekali."
Panel of Distinguished Speakers"Pua's negative comments about the civil service can cause considerable damage to the morale and image of the public sector."-- Khairy Jamaluddin
* YB Lim Kit Siang, Parliamentary Opposition Leader
* Lim Guan Eng, DAP Secretary-General
* Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim, PKR Secretary-General
* A. H. Ponniah, former Secretary of Public Service International (Asia-Pacific Region)
* Nurul Izzah Anwar, Special Assistant to Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim
* Tony Pua, Economic Advisor to DAP Secretary-General
* Open invitation to Khairy Jamaluddin, UMNO Deputy Youth Chief*
Date: 30th May 2007 (Wednesday)
Time: 8.00 pm
Admission is Free; Bring Friends