Media statement by DAP ADUN for Kampung Tunku Lau Weng San on 22nd March 2017 in Petaling Jaya:
The Election Commission of Malaysia must not only act fair and independent but also must be seem to act fair and independent not only in conducting election but also in simple processes as in registering new voters.
When I was in EC Selangor branch office on 13th October 2016 to submit my objection against EC’s proposal to re-delineate the boundary of Petaling Jaya Utara parliamentary constitution, I snapped a photo of their pre-planned activities on that month and I reproduced the schedule as below:
1. 5th October 2016 - Perbadanan Prima @Perbadanan Prima, Putrajaya
2. 5th October 2016 - IPD Sg. Buloh
3. 5th October 2016 - MARA (GMI) Kajang
4. 7th October 2016 - Masjid Hasanah, Bangi (Friday)
5. 11th October 2016 - UiTM, Shah Alam
6. 11th, 12th, 13th October 2016 - TUDM, Subang
7. 14th October 2016 - Masjid At-Taqwa, Selayang Baru (Friday)
8. 21st October 2016 - Masjid Nurul Iman, Rawang (Friday)
9. 28th October 2016 - Masjid Al-Ridhuan, Ampang (Friday)
Certainly, we must commend on EC’s hardwork in registering new voters outside their offices in the month of October last year but one legitimate question needed to be asked is whether EC is only interested in registering voters from a particular race or religion instead of going all out registering new voters from different races, creeds and faiths in various religious institution?