Selangorians can be proud of their Pakatan Rakyat state government again for the positive audit comments. These audits were conducted on Selangor state GLCs, statutory bodies and subsidiary companies by the National Audit Department as below:-
1. Study loan management which is handled by Selangor state government secretary department (SUK) from July to October 2012.
2. Chief Minister of Selangor; to audit the company owned by him named Selangor State Investment Central Berhad (SSIC) from July to October 2012.
3. Selangor agriculture development agency (PKPS) which is Selangor Oil Palm Industries Corporation Sdn. Bhd (SOPIC) from June to October 2012.
4. Selangor state government secretary department (SUK) which is University entry for Children program (HPIPT) from January to February 2013
5. Sharia case management by Selangor Sharia Judiciary Department from August to November 2012
6. Selangor Islamic Religious Council (MAIS) subsidiary which is Kolej Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Selangor Sdn. Bhd (KUIS) from December 2012 to February 2013
Citizens of Selangor should be proud of the performance of Selangor state government under Pakatan Rakyat due to the great achievement from findings of audit. For instance, the Auditor-General had concluded that “performance of the programs by Selangor government is above average and still can be improved”.
Other than that, the Auditor-General also commented they are very satisfied with the financial status of SSIC as they obtained more income from year 2009 to 2011.
The Auditor-General also stated that they are very impressed of the financial performance by SOPIC in year 2011 and the reason is because SOPIC have earned a lot such as the profit before tax in 2011 has increased from RM2.26 million to RM92.72 million in total (102.5%)
For HPIPT program, the Auditor-General also found out that in overall the HPIPT performance is very good due to the allocation of gift cash to targeted recipient has achieved 87.8%
The Auditor-General had given their feedback on Sharia Case which is handled by Selangor Sharia Judiciary Department has been conducted efficiently as the number of closed –cases has increased from year 2010 to 2011.
However, the Auditor-General mentioned that they are not satisfied with the financial performance of KUIS and the reason is because KUIS had lost RM 11.30 million in 2011. The lost is due to the implementation of transformation process which has started in early 2011 and the process will be extended for four more years. Even so, KUIS still be able to earn as much as RM 17.76 million till year 2011.
Although Selangor government has received positive feedback of overall performance on their subsidiary companies and agencies, they still received few suggestions for further improvement. Compare with bad comments received by bodies, agencies and subsidiary companies owned by federal government due to the terrible leakage of ringgit dollars, comments to agencies and subsidiary companies owned by Selangor state government is to improve in terms of administrative and management policies, information and guidelines of work.
Personally, I take the suggestions by the Auditor-General is a positive way to make Selangor state government one step ahead to administer Selangor state more advance if compare with the government of other states even federal government.
Well done and congratulations, Pakatan Rakyat Selangor government!
Lau Weng San