Monday, April 17, 2006

Work done in SS4A Petaling Jaya finally after several follow-ups with MPPJ

In reply to my earlier correspondence to MPPJ regarding to the application of SS4A residents to MPPJ, urging the authority to set-up Polyurethane road dividers to prevents vehicles from cutting into Jalan SS4A/4 from Jalan SS2/3, Assistant Director of the Department of Corporate and Public Relation, Pn Azizah binti Kosni has emailed me on 30th March 2006 that MPPJ had extended the existing dividing island to prevent cars from entering from Jalan SS4A/1 (which is painted with double-line).

It was not done only after several correspondence and emails with MPPJ, with the last one being an email sent to the President of MPPJ and copied to Puan Sharipah Marhaini bt Syed Ali (Director of the Department of Planning Development of MPPJ) and Encik Abdul Shukor bin. Mohamed Noor (Director of the Department of Maintenance Development of MPPJ) on 27th February 2006 when the case was first brought up to my attention at the end of 2005.

I was then informed by the residents that MPPJ had finally decided to carry out the job mid March 2006. On 30th March 2006, in her official reply representing MPPJ, Pn Azizah binti Kosni emailed me that the work requested is completed. I expressed my immediate gratitude in my reply to Azizah for the works done.

Though the works are finally done by MPPJ, it is regrettable that there are still some motorists who resist to follow the rules and still cut through the double line. I wish all motorists could strictly follow the rules without endangering the safety of other motorists.

No comments: