Monday, August 27, 2007

RM2 mil for BN Sgor ADUNs

"I give priority to youths since I am a young man myself. I have organised many
sporting events such as futsal and badminton to keep them occupied. I built
badminton courts for them,” he said.

These are funded through an annual development fund of RM2 million allocated to each state assemblyperson in Selangor, he explained.

---- K. Parthiban, MIC Ijok State Assemblyman, interview with Malaysiakini.com

It's RM2 million a year!

This is the amount of money allocated to BN Selangor ADUN annually used for their constituency development. This is also the money that keep BN alive in the state as opposition ADUN will never be treated fairly that they can enjoy the same benefit.

Of course, if Malaysia were a mature democracy, then development is a must from the government for the people rather then a gift to the people.

No comments: