Thursday, January 22, 2009

A letter from a worrying parent from SS1

I received a letter from Puan NorXXXXXXX KamaXXXXXX to complain about the worsening illegal gaming shops in Sungai Way new village.

The most shocking point is that while it is expected that these gaming shops pollute the hearts and minds of our children in the village, it seems like the pollution has spreaded to other areas like SS1.
I am not going to allow these shops to exist in my area and I will go all out with the Police and the council enforcement to close down all these illegal gaming outlets.

Dear YB Lau Weng San
ADUN Kampung Tunku, PJ
No.77, Jalan 20/9,Tmn Paramount,
46300 PJ.

I’m NorXXXXXXXX KamaXXXXXX from Jalan SS1/XX of Kg Tunku. I’m a mother to four adolescences. For over 2 decades I’ve seen lots of changes and improvements in Petaling Jaya specifically in Kg Tunku and Sg Way. But Lately, I observed that the negative culture is growing fast than the positive one. Our surroundings give big impact to the future and nation especially the youngsters. Many bad activities likes gamble, illegal game machine, prostitution, drugs and robbery are cause by poor monitoring especially from police. They are not only failed to control but even some of them were support or involve in those bad/illegal activities.

It’s happen to my own 14 yrs old son who spends lots of time and money to the video game shop although with school uniform. After receive complain from his school, I spied him for a week and get the answer that bring me to Sg Way. I saw many people especially students entering one video game shop at No 291, Jalan SS9A/2 Sg Way. I took initiative to interview few of them and tried to frighten them but they said ‘no worries, police are their friends and also the regular custormer to come. They did mention few names like policeman Kamarul, Jamil, Azman and Shamsul (known as Panjang) and they are from Sg Way Police Station. Therefore, I confuse either to make police report or not and also worry if they mark me.

I’m Sure many parents in Sg Way, Kg Tunku and Kelana Jaya, no matter race and level have faced the same problem like me. The activity at video game shop can leads to more negative activities such as stealing, rape and swindle. Who to be blamed? Of cause parents are fully responsible for their kids and teachers responsible for their students but this will not happened if police also do their job and be more responsible. People lost respect to Police because of all the negative attitude and mentality show like selfish and irresponsible. They abuse the authority given to them.

YB, I beg you to take this matter and problem seriously before more students get spoil and more parents will suffer because of irresponsible policeman and video game business owner. Your prompt action is appreciated.

Thank you and regards,
NorXXXXXXX KamaXXXXXX.
Kg Tunku, Petaling Jaya.

Cc
Ketua Polis Negara
Badan Pencegah Rasuah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is profit for one if the virtue of society have to suffer.YB,please act for the well being of the rakyats