Friday, September 28, 2007

Lousy treatment at High Commission

MALU JADI ORANG MALAYSIA!
Leeds, Britain.

MY wife and I are currently in Leeds, England, and we had a baby in June. We are planning to register our son at the Malaysian High Commission in London, but are now thinking twice due to the immigration office there.

No one picks up the phone after the call is connected and if it is, there will be a voicemail redirecting the call to a website. Even the operator does not greet you!

What are our immigration officers doing over there that they refuse to entertain calls from fellow Malaysians?

I have heard that Malaysian High Commissions all over the world do not care for Malaysians and I have never believed these stories until now.

I am as patriotic as any Malaysian back home but when the Malaysian High Commission here is acting as if we Malaysians here are forgotten people, so be it.

The country will lose another Malaysian soon!

I proudly fly our Jalur Gemilang and even wear Malaysian football jerseys.

Thus, I don’t take it lightly that my wife and I are treated like sampah sarap where we speak to a machine ALL the time and are asked to go to a website that does not talk to us!

Can the Foreign Affairs Minister kindly ensure that staff serving us Malaysians overseas do a better job?

No comments: