Kampung Tunku state assemblyman Lau Weng San (second from left) and MBPJ councillor Jeyaseelen Anthony (second from right) showing reporters and residents the court order and condominium project plan approved in 2005 by MBPJ. The approved plan was to use Jalan 21/27 as exit road.
A new access road currently under construction from Paramount View condominium (background) in Section 22, Petaling Jaya will link to Jalan 21/27 SEA Park.
The access road being built will go under the LRT track.
By Malaysiakini Citizen Journalist Thomas Tan
A new access road currently under construction from Paramount View condominium in Section 22, Petaling Jaya to link to Jalan 21/27 SEA Park is part of the condominium project plan approved in 2005 by Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) and the developer is complying with a court order which ordered that the approved plan be followed.
The approved plan called for Jalan 21/27 to be used as exit road and Lorong 22/44D as entrance and exit road. Lorong 22/44D has been built but residents staying along Jalan 21/27 were against the construction of the access road to Jalan 21/27 as they worried it will bring traffic congestion to the area.
These facts were make known to reporters and nearby residents who were present at the press conference called by Kampung Tunku state assemblyman Lau Weng San at a field near the condo recently.
“The access road will only allow one-way traffic from the condo to exit into Jalan 21/27,” said Lau who called for the press conference in response to a report in “The Star” dated July 26, 2012 which reported that residents in Section 21 SEA Park opposed the access road being built. In the same report Petaling Jaya Utara (PJU) Community Service Centre chairman Dato’ Dr Wong Sai Hou called for MBPJ to issue a stop-work order and resolve the matter.
Lau showed copies of the court order and the condominium project plan which was tabled and approved by MBPJ councillors at its full board meeting on August 30, 2005 to members of the media present.
The approved plan called for the use of Lorong 22/44D as entrance and exit road and Jalan 21/27 as exit road. Lorong 22/44D had been built but residents staying along Jalan 21/27 were against the exit road to Jalan 21/27 currently under construction as they worried it will bring traffic congestion to the area.
Lau said that the access road has to be built as per the court order. However he will hold discussion with the Joint Management Body (JMB) to resolve the matter.
“The JMB may no use the access road due to extra operational cost. I will try to get their goodwill not to use this road perhaps to use it only for utility access.”
Also present at the press conference was MBPJ councillor zone 19 Jeyaseelen Anthony.
“We have to abide by the court order. The developer is building the access road to link to Jalan 21/27 as per a court order,” said Jeyaseelen.
MBPJ had extended twice the temporary Certificate of Fitness (CF) issued to the condo which was occupied since November 2010. The developer is now building the access road to link to Jalan 21/27 SEA Park to comply with the court order and to obtain full CF for the condominium from MBPJ upon completion of the access road.
The developer of Paramount View condominium had filed for a judicial review against stop-work orders issued by MBPJ on the construction of access roads following objections by affected residents and this had caused a delay in the issuance of the CF for the 233-unit condominium which was fully completed in May 2009.
In the same year, it obtained a court order from Shah Alam High Court that the original MBPJ 2005 approved plan be followed, which is to use Lorong 22/44D as entrance and exit road and Jalan 21/27 as exit road, and all stop-work orders issued by MBPJ be cancelled.