Thursday, May 03, 2012

Police's violence during Bersih 3.0 gathering - Mdm Tow speaks of her conscience

MCA Serdang Division Chairman Liew Yun Keong yesterday criticised DAP for playing deceptive tricks when DAP highlighted the ill-treatment of a lady named Mdm Tow, 71 year-old, who was arrested by the police and witnessed the brutalities suffered by the people arrested by the police.

She was released from Pulapol Jalan Semarak on 29th Apil 2012 at about 12:30am and I was at the scene when I just arrived after visiting Mr Su Kuang Hong at Gleaneagle Hospital, Jalan Ampang (Mr Su was hit by a police car at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman and was sent to hospital for emergency treatment).

When I arrived at Pulapol Jalan Semarak at about 12:30pm, Mdm Tow was seen disembarking from a police bus and she could not hold her breathe and immediately speak to by-passers and Bersih 3.0 supporters on what she seen and witnessed inside Pulapol and before she was arrested and brought to Pulapol.

She was not deceived by anybody or any political party but she spoke of her conscience. Her political involvement in any political parties or NGOs should not be used as a reason to question the validity of what she seen and witnessed during the 28th April Bersih 3.0 peaceful rally.

Moreover, Mdm Tow lodged a police report on 30th April requesting the police to further investigate her complaints and she also urged the police to take actions against any law-breakers.

Therefore, Liew Yun Keong should not throw such unfair citicism against DAP by saying that the DAP is putting up a deceptive trick to induce Mdm Tow to speak bad against the authority when in fact the outspoken Mdm Tow had spoken about it the moment she was released. I urge Liew Yun Keong to withdraw his statement and tender an open apology to Mdm Tow for unfairly defaming her integrity.

I also urge members of the public who was abused and assaulted unreasonably by the police during the Bersih 3.0 gathering to come forward and lodge police report against the culprits. They can contact my office at 03-79544724 or email me at

I have another police report on my hand today. Mr Kenng Wong Kit Lee, a chambering law student aged 26 year-old from Pantai Remis, Perak lodged a police report yesterday 11:21pm at Setapak Police Station that he was beaten, punched, slapped and kicked by about seven police officers from behind when he was leaving the scene. He was arrested by the police and brought to Pulapol Jalan Semarak without being given any medical assistance. He only managed to conduct a medical check-up in Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) the next day and he was told by doctor that there are bruises and injuries all over his body especially at his head.

Mr Kenny Wong lodged a report yesterday requesting the police to investigate his complaint and take action against these officers who attacked him unreasonably without giving any warning. I hereby attached a copy of his police report and he is willing to testify to the media about his experience. He could not attend the press conference today as he has to attend a full day trial in Jalan Duta court today.
Post a Comment