Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Books contribution to MBPJ Community Library



I have given away more than 500 books in Malay, Chinese and English worth RM7,500 to MBPJ Community Library today. Also attending is Petaling Jaya Mayor, Dato' Roslan Sakiman, Petaling Jaya councillors S. Ramakrishnan and Tiew Way Keng.

According to Mayor Roslan Sakiman, this is the first time that an elected representative donates books to the community library.

The books I donated are mostly children and teenager books. This is my another effort to encourage reading as a way of life and a culture in our society.

In my speech, I said that no states or countries can claim that they are a developed state unless they have a large reading population.

I also urged that all of us should appreciate our Hari Raya holidays not only to foster our relationship but also to read more to enrich ourselves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Education is the key to understanding and proper understanding lead to effortless and lasting peace.